2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup Wheelers Orchard apple cider
¾ cup Orchard House Creamery plain yogurt
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and grease a 10-cup Bundt pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and ground cloves.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until combined.
4. Use a third bowl to combine the apple cider and yogurt.
5. Mix on low speed, and add the flour mixture and apple cider yogurt mixture to the butter mixture alternating between dry and wet ingredients beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Don’t overmix!
6. Scoop the batter into the prepared Bundt pan, and smooth into an even layer with a spatula. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. The cake should be golden in color. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
1. In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
2. Use a pastry brush to apply the melted butter to the cooled cake. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the cake and press gently so the mixture adheres.
3. Slice the cake and serve.
Link to original recipe: https://morethanmeatandpotatoes.com/apple-cider-donut-cake/