Crabtree Farms serves the Chattanooga community as a sustainable teaching farm and agricultural resource. The core tenants of our work are: GROW fresh fruit, vegetables, herbs, flowers, and garden seedlings for markets and restaurants in the Chattanooga area. EDUCATE children, and families from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds on the practice of sustainable farming and the benefits of local, healthy food. CONNECT people, nature, and place in a beautiful farm setting, and to help people reconnect with the land.
Crabtree Farms was established as a non-profit educational farm in 1998. Located just a few miles outside of downtown Chattanooga we are open to the public as a safe place for all to gather to grow, learn and connect with both each other and the land.
- A variety of seasonal produce available weekly at the Wednesday MSFM and at our on-site farm store on Fridays and Saturdays
- Hundreds of plant start varieties available at our annual plant sales and through our online store
- U-pick berries, flowers, tomatoes and more
- Youth field trips and educational tours
- Farm rentals and a serene climate-controlled meeting space, the Evelyn Center
- Dozens of workshops, festivals and day on the farm events annually
- Volunteer and workshare opportunities, whether you are looking for a one-time task or an ongoing commitment for you or your group, we have a place for you on the farm.